By supporting SASH Charity you can make a real difference to the lives of patients and their families in Surrey and Sussex.
SASH Charity helps Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust go above and beyond to ensure our community receives the best care possible when they visit their local hospital. Although healthcare services are funded by the NHS, the charity raises money to provide that little bit extra, to support those great ideas which are different to what the NHS would be expected to fund, and which complement the existing high quality care for patients.
Recently your donations have created a new dementia friendly courtyard garden, the Camomile Courtyard at East Surrey Hospital. The garden was opened in March 2019 by Dame Judi Dench, and is a wonderful new space for patients, visitors and staff to use. It was funded entirely through charitable donations.
All the money raised through SASH Charity, goes towards enhancing the care our patients receive right here in East Surrey Hospital and across Surrey and Sussex through:
• Investing in state-of-the-art equipment
• Improving the hospital environment, benefitting patients and staff
• Providing specialist training
• Supporting ground breaking health research
So far in 2019, your donations to SASH Charity have already supported:
- The creation of the Camomile Courtyard, a new dementia friendly courtyard garden at East Surrey Hospital. Opened by Dame Judi Dench. (See link below)
- Improvements to the garden at the Macmillan Cancer Centre, and a thank you lunch for the volunteers who help people affected by cancer at the centre.
- Helping make SASH feel an inclusive environment for patients, staff and visitors of all sexualities and backgrounds.
- Development of new skills in opthamology department.
With your help, we want to continue to do more for patients and families right here at your local NHS Trust. This includes specific work on how we can do more wonderful things for the 4,500 families who have babies here each year, as well as continuing to support ideas accross all areas of the Trust.
You make this possible. Thank you.