Location: Surrey and Sussex (based at East Surrey Hospital)
Time commitment: Flexible
As a collection box coordinator you will lead the collection box activity for SASH Charity, placing tins in local cafes, shops and other suitable locations. Every 2-3 months you will collect the full tins and replace them with new ones, returning the boxes to East Surrey Hospital.
There is also an opportunity to support other community fundraising activity such as delivering posters to your local businesses and distributing leaflets. You’ll develop relationships with your local shops, businesses and other organisations, tell them about SASH Charity and encourage them to fundraise for us by placing one of our boxes in their establishment.
SASH Charity supports Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust (SASH) and is based at East Surrey Hospital. As a SASH Charity volunteer you will receive full training from SASH and be supported by both the volunteer manager and the fundraising manager.
- Identifying and placing collection boxes in suitable locations
- Speaking confidently about the work of SASH Charity and the difference the boxes will make
- Collecting boxes when full
- Keeping a written record of the location of all boxes, the dates they are emptied and the amounts they have raised
- To sign in out or maintain an accurate timesheet to log hours
- To inform the volunteer manager should there be a long term period of absence/holiday
- To at all times maintain patient confidentiality and adhere to the SASH vision and values
- To undertake mandatory and statutory training as required by SASH
- Experience of working on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
- A ‘can do’ attitude
Training and support
Full SASH volunteer induction to include: fire safety, information governance, safeguarding, infection control. Support and training provided on the role from the fundraising manager.
Travel expenses will be paid in line with our policy.
If you’re interested in this volunteer role please contact 01737 768511 x1295 or email firstname.lastname@example.org